The GT-100 is a unit which MUST BE TWEAKED to suit your amp.
How is it that the patch does not sound right? What can go wrong?
- Other guitar, other pick-ups.
- Way of connection to the amplifier.
- Type of amplifier.
- System Setup of the GT-100. (input and output settings)
I make the patches with my standard GT-100. I mean that my GT is not set-up especially. I have my GT standaard buttons on the front panel. I do not use additional things like a Boss FS-6 switch. Ok, I also have this one in my setup but does not count in the patches. I can not know what you all use or not use. Therefore, my GT is set by default. I only have disabled the looper in the system settings. Sometimes my looper-knob have also an assignment.
Can I use the patches from my GT-10 into the GT-100?
As far as I know… Is it not possible. GT-10 patches are not compatible with the GT-100; there are too many technical and feature set differences between these two products for the patches of one to work in the other. There are programs that claim that it is possible, but in practice you'll see a lot of other problems, for example with several processes parameters.
GT-100 System Program: How to tell the version?
Please check the version of the system working on your GT-100 before downloading the archive file.
1. Hold down [ EFFECT ] button and [ SYSTEM ] button, and press and hold POWER switch.
The left display will show the current version number at "Ver."
2. Press and hold POWER switch to turn off the power.
*Don't perform the update if the product is already up-to-date.
What you will need to update your GT-100:
- USB cable
- A computer with a USB connector (Win 10 / Win 8 / Win 7 / Vista / XP, Mac OS X)
Getting the update file:
Please open/extract the downloaded "gt100_sys_v***.zip" file on your computer to get the two update files named "ROMINFO.TXT" and "GT100ROM.BIN" in the "gt100_sys_v***" folder.
Procedure for the update:
- You must not rename the extracted files.
- Never turn off the GT-100's power while the update is in progress. Otherwise the system program or the GT-100 itself may be destroyed.
Please install the extracted system program files into your GT-100 according to the following procedure.
1. Adjust the OUTPUT LEVEL knob to minimum. * Do not connect the GT-100 and the computer yet.
2. Hold down [ SYSTEM ] button and press and hold [ POWER ] switch. The message "GT-100 Updater" will appear on the display.
3. Connect the computer to the GT-100's USB port by a USB cable.
The message "USB Connected." will appear on the display.
the BOSS_GT-100 icon.
"Removable Disk (*:)" may appear instead of the BOSS_GT-100 icon.
5. Copy (drag and drop) all the files included in the "gt100_sys_v***" folder
into the "BOSS_GT-100" icon.
* Do not copy the "gt100_sys_v***" folder.
6. Disconnect the BOSS_GT-100 from the computer.
With (Win 10 / Win 8 / Win 7 / Vista / XP)
Right-click on the "BOSS_GT-100" icon in My Computer (or the "Removable Disk (*:)" icon) and execute "Eject."
With Mac OS:
5. Drag the "BOSS_GT-100" icon to the Trush icon in the Dock.
6. Disconnect the USB cable. The message "Push [WRITE] to start" will appear on the display.
7. Press [ WRITE ] button to start the update process.
8. The message "Completed." will appear on the display when the update process completes.
9. Turn the GT-100 power off.
Please verify the version number "***" with the procedure described in "How to tell the version" part of this document.
What you will need to save the new patches into your GT-100:
- USB cable.
- A computer with a USB connector (Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Vista / XP, Mac OS X).
- Boss Tone Studio software.
The DigiTech RP155 guitar multi-effects pedal packs an astounding array of great amps, cabinets, and effects into its compact metal chassis, while giving you the capability to record directly or run through your live rig just the way you want. it’s loaded with 83 Amps, Cabinets, and Effects, USB Connectivity, Onboard Drum Machine, Tuner, Tone/Effects Libraries, and Looper.
You can start jamming with the pre-programmed patches right away.
There are 50 permanent sounds & 50 sounds that you can alter to make your own sound.
According to several user reviews of Digitech RP155 multi-fx, some users have praised it for the excellent sound quality; USB audio interface functionality, 24-bit depth; Possibility to edit patches on a computer through the X-EDIT software; Possibility to connect an external expression pedal to control wah, Whammy effects.
What you will need to save the new sounds into your divice:
A computer with a USB connector (Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Vista / XP, Mac OS X).
NetUpdater (Windows / Mac OS X)
RP155 Driver 2.1 (Windows)
Restoring The Digitech RP155 To Factory Settings
To restoring the factory settings of Digitech RP155 multi-fx, first power on while simultaneously holding the “Store” button until “FR” appears in the display and then release the button. Press and hold the “Store” button again for a few seconds until “RS” appears in the display and release.
Warning! This procedure will erase all custom User presets and return all of the settings to the values when the Digitech RP155 was shipped from the factory. Hopefully this information was useful.